Accounting and Finance Analyst
We are looking for a dynamic, passionate, and driven person to join the team as our Accounting and Finance Analyst.
Your primary responsibility will be to manage AR, AP and related data bases. Prepare and fact-check invoices before sending them to wholesales clients and control, process and prioritize invoices received from suppliers. Ensuring invoice accuracy is key in determining our cost of goods sold calculation, analysis and improvement. You will also be expected to identify and implement improvements to our processes and financial reporting. As an Analyst, you will report directly to the Senior Director of Finance, working daily in the following areas:
- Forecast vs. Budget; Update the forecasting of sales and expenses on a monthly basis to compare actuals against budget.
- Provide ad-hoc analysis to improve sales and costs management; analyze the very large and detailed amount of data we have on our customers to understand and drive marketing policies, compare prices negotiated with actual prices paid on ingredients, packaging, shipping, production, etc.
- Assist operations with administrative and financial tasks (credit applications, suppliers registration documents, company’s W9, etc.).
- Maintain and update general ledger and sales journal in Quickbooks; categorize each and every transaction in Quickbooks.
- Monitor and control payroll and expenses preparation; control interns’ hours count and expenses, process employees’ expenses from validation to payment.
- Plan and manage filing and payments of taxes; ensure that all tax obligations are filed, paid, and documents are retained for both sales taxes and income taxes.
This role is fast-paced and requires full attention of the candidate & constant communication with our team. We are looking for a passionate, motivated and highly organized individual to fill this role & add value to the team. Previous consumer goods experience is a plus, but not necessary.
- We prefer you to have a diploma from a four-year college or university.
- We would like for you to have at least 2 years’ experience in Accounting or Finance, preferably with a food, beverage, fashion, or cosmetics company.
- It is important to have a clear command of the English language and excellent communication skills, both verbally and through technology, i.e. knowing how to use Microsoft Office including Power Point, Excel, and Word.
Competitive salary, opportunities to grow within the company and shape our growth strategy, Full medical benefits (including dental & vision), A human-centric culture inclusive of wellness perks.